Location: 50 Tiong Bahru Road, Rooftop at Link Hotel
Designers and Contractors: RE-Source Design
Completed in: June 2015
Located in the heart of quaint Tiong Bahru, LIN Rooftop elegantly stands out from its surrounding high rise HDBs.
Their brand, 林, stands for forest in Chinese. We wanted to emphasise on the Chinese element of forest in an abstract yet contemporary way. Bamboo is a strong element in Chinese, as bamboo symbolizes virtue.
Being at the top of Link Hotel, 林 Rooftop Bar has the best views of heartland Tiong Bahru. The bar consists of an open alfresco dining area, accompanied with a sheltered dining space. Design, construction, sourcing and customization done by RE-Source Design. With us being the overall project manager with professional sub-teams, we ensured the initial concept of contemporary Chinese elements were tastefully infused-with quality workmanship.
Below are items we designed and customized for LIN Rooftop Bar:
1. Entrance Feature – Anodised metal bamboo structures with laser cut leaves
2. Bar – Bar display feature, bar table top and base, bar front mosaic counter
3. Signage boards and Entrance Signage – Cut-out letting with front light
4. Ceiling – Hand painted abstract 林 mural
5. Ledge Planters – Plasterboard with handpainted cement screed finish
6. Lighting – Anodised metal pendant lamps in lounge
To complete the oriental contemporary Chinese ambience, these were the things we RE-Sourced:
1. Lighting fixtures – Hanging spots lights overlooking outdoor alfresco
2. Artificial Bamboo Plants – Lightly forming a perimeter around the dining space, these are easy to maintain and giving the feel of dining in a Chinese garden
3. Bar Mosaic Counter Tiles
4. Coloured Oriental Stools
5. Hexagonal Bar Stools and Tables
WORK WITH US
Design should not be limited by cumbersome processes to obtain certain resources.
At RE-Source, we can source, customize, and even design for you.